Skip to Main Content

Medical Adaptations

Glasgow City Council provides an annual budget for medical adaptations.

If you have a physical disability or sensory impairment and you need your home to be adapted to suit your needs you should contact your GP.

Your doctor can ask an Occupational Therapist from Glasgow City Council Social Services Department to visit to assess your needs.

The Occupation Therapist can recommend adaptations and ask the Association to carry out the work.

Common adaptations are:

• Handrails both internal and external
• Access ramps
• Over-bath showers
• Replacing the bath with a wet floor or a walk in shower

For further information you can contact Glasgow City Council’s ‘Social Care Direct’ on 0141287-0555 or go on line to Glasgow City Council.

File Description File Size
Medical Adaptation (25.11.19) PDF icon 301KB